FINANCIALS AND CODE OF ETHICS
Educando was incorporated in New York on December 9, 2002. It is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization with the Internal Revenue Service.
Educando was registered as a Civil Association in Mexico on May 22, 2008 and was granted tax deductible status on December 8, 2008. Financials for Mexico are consolidated with the US financials, which are audited in the US.
Associação Educando Brasil was registered in Brazil in July of 2008. Financials for Brazil are consolidated with the US financials, which are audited in the US.
Code of Ethics
- All of our activities are focused on our mission of supporting quality education for impoverished communities/children.We are truthful in our broadcast, print and direct mail advertising, using actual, current case histories and photography with honest statements of purpose. We neither minimize nor overstate the human needs of those whom we assist.
- We will neither sell nor exchange, with any other agency or commercial enterprise, the information of sponsors and contributors on our mailing lists.
- We support financial reporting in accordance with the requirements of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and will publish and disclose on request to any person, agency or the media our complete and independently audited financial statements.
- We refuse to engage in fundraising methods that are intimidating, harassing or misleading, that are not subject to adequate control, or that create an undue sense of obligation such as mailing unsolicited merchandise or canisters; paid canvassing; telephone solicitation to the general public; combining appeals with commercial sales which do not define specific benefits to the agency; conducting misleading campaigns or events; and paying for or making use of insincere endorsements.
- We demonstrate respect for the integrity, pride, beliefs and culture of the people whom we serve, respecting their dignity. We will not denigrate them in our advertising and promotion.
- Our objective in all our efforts is to further the good of the children, their families and communities who are in need and to raise the resources required to assist them; and to increase the goodwill and support of our constituents and the public on the one hand, and of the people and governments of the nation’s we serve on the other.
- We are governed by a Board of Directors, serving without compensation, operating under bylaws ensuring adequate voting trusteeship, and whose members have no financial or other conflict of interest with the goals of the organization. We receive and act upon critical advice from an Advisory board, comprised of prominent experts from around the world, in various fields of activity.
- We are committed to a policy and practice of full public disclosure of all relevant information concerning agency goals, programs, finances and governance.
- All officers and employees of Educando must comply with all the laws in force in the countries in which Educando operates across the world, including local rules, regulations, and standards, especially anti-corruption and anti-bribery legislation.
- We always act in compliance with our obligations and those of Educando – whether based on laws, regulations enacted by government bodies and agencies, or based on the bylaws or other internal policy documents.
- We do not, directly or indirectly, offer or authorize any inducement, amount, facilitation or good to influence any government authority or other individuals for the purpose of obtaining an undue advantage, nor do we accept or will ever accept any inducement, financial or otherwise for this purpose.
- We do not directly or indirectly, practice or support any act that encourages or finances terrorist activities and / or any illegal activities.
- We, officers and/or employees, do not accept or receive, directly or indirectly, any advantage or undue benefit arising from contracts signed with governmental authorities or with private entities.
- Educando’s officers and employees have the right to participate in external activities, if and when such participation does not constitute a conflict of interest. A conflict of interest occurs when the officer or employee has professional or personal interests that create an impediment to fulfill their obligations with due impartiality and according to all relevant laws, regulations, standards or policies.
This website is owned by World Education and Development Fund dba (“doing business as”) Educando by Worldfund. Please feel free to contact us in any of the following ways if you have questions or concerns.
Educando by Worldfund
USA – 1800 M Street NW #33115 – Washington, DC 20033
México – Miraflores 221 Oficina Xelha, Col. Insurgentes San Borja, Alcaldía Benito Juárez, Ciudad de México – CP. 03100
Brazil – Av. Dr. Alberto de Oliveira Lima, 144 – 05690-020 – São Paulo – SP
(USA) + 1 (202) 738.1341
(Mexico) + 52 (55) 7826-9830
(Brasil) + 55 (11) 2305-2859
Collection of Personal Data
In order to process credit card transactions online, it is necessary to collect some information. The name of the donor, the address of the donor, the type of credit card, the credit card number and expiration date, and the amount of the donation are required to process any transaction.
In addition, Educando collects a telephone number and email address from those individuals in case we must contact donors because of an inaccurate name, credit card number or expiration date. Failure to provide a telephone number or email address may result in a donation not being posted.
Educando also collects a mailing address from individuals willing to provide one. From time to time we mail information about the activities of our association to those who are interested in Educando’s programs. We may also solicit funds to support specific Educando programs in these mailings. We use mailing addresses to provide written acknowledgments of all contributions. The IRS will disallow any charitable contributions of $250 or more that is not substantiated by a “contemporaneous written acknowledgment.” In order to best serve our donors, Educando provides these acknowledgments.
If at any time a donor wishes to have his or her name and personal information deleted from our records or if a donor would like to make changes to their personal information, including his or her name, address, phone number, email address, credit card information, etc., we comply as quickly as possible. To remove your name and address from our records or to make changes to your account please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 738-1341.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Educando will not sell, rent or trade a donor’s information with any organization, nor will we send mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Information Security and Quality
Educando intends to protect the quality and integrity of our supporters’ personally identifiable information. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures, such as using industry-accepted encryption for transmission of credit card information, to help keep your information secure, accurate, current and complete.
Donations made on the www.educando.org website are secure to the fullest extent possible. We use strong 128-bit encryption through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL protects information as it is transferred through the Internet.
You can recognize secure web pages by checking for the secure symbol at the bottom of your browser screen. For most browsers, this symbol is either a lock or a key. When the lock or key symbol appears the page is secure. When the lock or key is not evident, the page is insecure.
Links to Other Websites
The Educando website contains links to other sites. Educando is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Analytics, Advertising, and Cookies
Educando uses the Google Analytics website analytics tool on its website. This includes the use of Google Analytics Display Advertising features like remarketing and demographic and interest reporting. This tool allows Educando to collect data on website visitors, including IP address and browser type, for the purpose of analyzing aggregate website usage. Display Advertising features also place an additional cookie, or small text file, on your browser, containing an anonymous identifier. This allows Google to provide aggregate reports on the demographics and interests of website visitors, and customize advertising on the Internet based on your browsing activity.
Educando has additional third-party vendors like Facebook that customize advertising on the Internet for you and others based on your browsing activity on the website. These vendors also use cookie technology. No personally identifying information, such as email address or credit card number, is ever passed by the website to Google or these third-party vendors.
You may opt out of any of these services by clearing the cookies from your browser; disabling cookies entirely; opting out of Google interest-based ads; and/or clicking here for the opt-out page to opt out of targeted ads from participating advertising networks including Facebook.
State Nonprofit Disclosures
Certain states require written disclosures for nonprofit organizations soliciting contributions. Individual state disclosures are below.
Florida: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-435-7352 (800-HELP-FLA), OR VISITING www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Florida Registration #CH25295
Georgia: A full and fair description of our programs and our financial statement summary is available upon request at our office and phone number indicated above.
Maryland: For the cost of copies and postage, from the Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.
Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of World Education & Development Fund may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement.
New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973) 504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm. REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.
New York: Upon request, from the Attorney General’s Charities Bureau, 28 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10005, 1-212-416-8686 or www.charitiesnys.com.
North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1-919-814-5400. The license is not an endorsement by the state.
Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of World Education & Development Fund may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999.
Virginia: From the State Office of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
Washington: From the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-4483 or http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/
West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305.
Wisconsin: A financial statement of the charitable organization disclosing assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenue and expenses for the preceding fiscal year will be provided to any person upon request.
REGISTRATION WITH A STATE AGENCY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THAT STATE.
Financial and Legal Documents
Form 990 for the fiscal year ending September 2019
Form 990 for the fiscal year ending September 2018
Form 990 for the fiscal year ending September 2017
Letter from the IRS